Computer Skills Course (CT102)
Course Basic Information
Course Title: Computer Skills
Course Code: CT102
Course Pre-requisites: None
Course medium of instruction: Arabic
Course Level: 1st
Credit hours: 3 Hours
- Basic understanding of’ computers, internet and Microsoft Edge
- Operating system (Windows 10)
- Word processing (MS Word 2016).
- Spreadsheets (MS Excel 2016).
- Presentation graphics (MS PowerPoint 2016)
Course Main Goal
This course aims to provide students with the basic computer skills: components , operating systems and different practical applications.
To explore and familiarize students with:
- Computer basics, components and applications.
- Different types of computers.
- The concept of the internet and its applications (e-mail, browsers).
- Professional document creation, editing and printing.
- Electronic spreadsheets and how to use them to perform calculations.
- The appropriate design and display of digital presentations.
- How to search for information using differenbt sources
- How to design and develop applications using simple software.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon the completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify different types of computers, components and their uses.
- Browse the internet efficiently and use all its services such as e-mail, browse educational sites etc.
- Apply sufficient practical skills to work on Microsoft Office applications (MS Word 2016, MS Excel 2016, MS PowerPoint 2016).
- Create professional documents, reports, and presentations.
- Access information from multiple sources.
- Design and develop applications using simple software.
All About Computers, Internet and Microsoft Edge
Operating System ( Windows 10)
Word Processing (MS Word 2016)
Spreadsheets (MS Excel2016)
(MS PowerPoint 2016)
Practical Continuous Assessment (PCA)
Course Books and References
Course Study Plan
Queries and Complaints
- Male students can visit office number G244 for their queries and complaints, or send their queries and complaints to email: email@example.com
- Female students can send their queries and complaints to email: firstname.lastname@example.org