To serve as an educational and industry resource to develop, continually improve, and disseminate course objectives, course content, and other educational resource materials that enable KSUCFY’s English Language Skills Department to cultivate an educational experience and ensure students achieve their full potential.
To provide ELSD’s students, teaching faculty, and other committees with course content and educational technology advances that meet or exceed sanctioned educational standards including governmental and accreditation benchmarks.
CURRICULUM COMMITTEE VALUES:
- Dedication, reflected in our distinctive work ethic and in our commitment to produce high-quality and useful curriculum documents
- Collaboration, reflected in our intra-committee approach and our focus on sharing, disseminating information and working collaboratively to train, support, and develop faculty and students
- Transparency in communication with faculty and students
- Inclusivity in designing course content for students with multiple intelligences and varying abilities, including special needs students; in providing curriculum documents that provide guidance to both returning and newly joined staff; and in welcoming input from all committee members
- Creativity in exploring new ways to recalibrate the curriculum framework and in fostering partnerships to search for advancements in course materials including instructional resources and platforms.
- Accuracy in creating and developing curriculum documents to support staff and students
- Integrity in our adherence to the highest ethical standards in personal and professional behavior, and in our commitment to transparency and accountability in governance and everything we do
- Participating sustainability, in researching, using, and developing digital course content and materials to demonstrate our shared commitment to environmental awareness and preservation
COMMITTEE ROLES & GOALS
- Facilitate the review and selection of textbooks (EAP & ESAP) and related instructional aides to include data gathering and analysis for the purpose of providing effective instructional materials to meet stakeholders' needs.
- Research emerging, new and/or revised curriculum and educational technology development processes, strategies, and materials (platforms) for the purpose of making recommendations and assisting with the design and implementation to meet the KSUCFY ELSD’s standards.
- Conducting various needs assessments for the purpose of ensuring institutional and all stakeholders’ needs are met.
- Develop and provide curriculum documents in support of students (including special needs students) and faculty on a timely manner.
- Work in collaboration with the teaching faculty to ensure all learning outcomes and curriculum objectives are aligned to NCAAA benchmarks and calibrated according to the needs of the ELSD's students.
- Utilizing management information and data (virtual audit reports) to ensure students’ exam readiness and to drive forward success in target learning outcomes achievement.
- Conduct inductions to the faculty which highlights the requirements and expectations of the Curriculum Committee.
- Work individually and collaboratively with faculty and other committees to provide training, workshops, and other academic support.
- Maintain, update, and develop knowledge and data of qualification frameworks including but are not limited to course specifications and course reports