Your university life is a key step on your career as it formulates the main features of your future. Here is the PY Pledge that will work as a guide to maintain discipline and enhance your sense of responsibility. The Kingdom’s hopes are placed on you while you are receiving your education and gaining knowledge at King Saud university. The Pledge encompasses the following:
3- Student Rights
5- Discipline Committee
7- Contacting PY
The PY pledge is a binding legal contract between students and the University which they sign to abide by. It includes some rules and codes applied by KSU. Students are held accountable for any violation of the pledge.
- Academic Conduct: Students are expected to be reliable and honest in doing their study, homework, assignments, exams, and academic achievements. They are expected to be away from adopting any type or means of cheating meant to get academic advantages.
- Personal Conduct: Students are expected to:
- Respect university laws and regulations;
- Maintain the university facilities and utilities in good condition;
- Use modern technologies in a civilized manner;
- Observe the national dress code (for Saudi students) and a publicly-accepted dress code (for Non-Saudis);
- Conform to traffic regulations
3- Student Rights
KSU students are known for their sensibility and awareness that qualify them to shoulder their responsibility vis-à-vis their actions and behavior. In the meantime, they are entitled to enjoy the rights covered in the “University Students’ Rights and Duties” issued by King Saud University and the regulations governing the “Student Rights Protection Unit”. Students are entitled to lodge a complaint or grievance with regard to any transaction, thought to be detrimental to them, with the faculty members, the department, or any unit at the University. Students lodge their complaints or grievances in accordance with the regulations governing the “Student Rights Protection Unit” at the Deanship.They are entitled to track their complaint at the concerned department.
4- Violations can be classified in the following categories:
- Academic :
-Impeding the course of classes, tutorials, or exams;
-Cheating or attempting to cheat by any means;
-Impersonating another student in whichever way when taking exams or participating in Discussions
- Making blasphemous remarks or giving inappropriate comments about the Kingdom or the University by any means;
- Assault by word or action on a University or PY staff;
- Smoking inside the University or the PY lobbies;
- Failing to observe the appearance code in terms of dress, wearing necklaces, bracelets, or extending hair ( in case of male students);
- Tampering with or misusing equipment and computers inside the University and PY premises and utilities;
- Theft or attempted theft;
- Making racial or tribal remarks about the University or PY students or staff;
- Fabrication, attempted fabrication, or use of fabricated KSU or PY documents for any illegal purposes.
- Parking in the wrong place or in the places assigned to others;
- Fabricating the parking sticker or giving it others to use;
- Violating instructions by the traffic men;
- Tampering or attempting to tamper with others’ cars
- Holding or participating in any functions inside the University or the PY, publishing or placing pamphlets or posters, raising funds, or collecting signatures without the approval of the authorities concerned;
- Making negative comments on Islam, the social norms of the Kingdom, or the national unity, or joining anti-regime organizations, or promoting anti-regime political or territorial thoughts inside the University or the PY;
- Any other violations deemed by the University or the PY as a breach of its regulations but not included in this charter.
5- Disciplinary Committee:
The committee seeks to enforce regulations vis-à-vis the students who make violations inside the PY. Any breach of Islamic traditions or University laws and regulations is considered a violation subject to punishment. The KSU penal code has a detailed description of violations and punishments.
6- Disciplinary Punishments:
The PY Deanship is entitled to take the appropriate disciplinary measures vis-à-vis the students violating the pledge. These measures are:
- Warning plus a written undertaking signed by the violating student;
- Assigning some social or service works to the violating student, or requesting him to attend training courses inside or outside the University for one month maximum;
- Temporary suspension (for one or two semesters) of one student activity or more violated by the student;
- Cancelling the student’s registration in one course or more;
- Considering the student as a failure in one course or more;
- Barring the student from enjoying some of the university privileges.
7- Contacting the PY Deanship:
Students are expected to:
- Communicate through the proper channels with the PY Deanship regarding regulations and academic affairs;
- Follow up the Deanship's announcements whether published on the website, displayed on the electronic screens, sent by e-mail, or through smart phones applications, in terms of timetables, exams, assignments, activities, and programs;
- Use the electronic forms approved by the Deanship for cases of appeals or complaints.
Thankfully, you are in a blessed setting which is the birth place of knowledge. You are highly trusted to uphold this pledge and take it seriously. While rendering you every possible support, the PY will not be lenient in enforcing the pledge articles with justice and fairness.